Bimal Prasad, Prior Indian Ambassador to Nepal passes away [ Current News (Concise) ]
India’s former Ambassador to Nepal and modern Indian historian Bimal Prasad passed away in New Delhi at the age of 92. About Bimal Prasad: Bimal Prasad was born in 1925. He is an Indian historian who known for his grant on modern Indian history. He also served as Ambassador to Nepal.
- He had worked as history professor at University of Patna at Patna.
- He also had served as a professor of history at South Asian Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University and also served as Dean of School of International Studies.
- He was also involved with Jayaprakash Narayan’s mass movement during 1974 - 75.
- He has written and corrected several books on Narayan.
- He was appointed ambassador to Nepal after retirement by Prime Minister Chandrashekhar who was served from 1991 to 1995.
- His first book was ’ Elected works of Jayaprakash Narayan’ which was issued in 1964.
- His last written book was ’ Jayaprakash Narayan: 1939 - 1946’ which was issued in 2003.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 6, 2015