Biography of Shashi Kapoor ‘Shashi Kapoor – the Householder, the Star’ Released [ Current News (Concise) ]
Shashi Kapoor – the Householder, the Star’ biography of veteran actor Shashi Kapoor was released which was authored by film journalist Aseem Chhabra and with forward by Karan Johar this discovers personal and professional life of actor.
About Shashi Kapoor
- He was born on 18th March 1938 as Balbir Raj Prithviraj Kapoor in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- In 1940s he started his acting career in films as a child actor and since then he has acted in 160 movies totally, from which 12 are in English and the rest in Hindi.
- As a lead actor Dharmputra (1961) was his Bollywood debut movie.
- His best known performances as child artist were in Aag (1948), Awaara (1951) and Sangram (1950).
- His best known films are:
- Jab Jab Phool Khile
- Kabhi Kabhie
- He also acted in American and British films such as:
- The Householder (1963)
- Shakespeare Wallah (1965)
- Bombay Talkie (1970)
- Heat and Dust (1982)
- The Deceivers (1988)
- Side Streets (1998)
- He also had worked as a film director, assistant director and film producer apart from acting in movies.
Awards and Honors:
- National Film Award for Best actor for the film New Delhi Times in 1986
- National Film Award Special Jury Award/Special Mention (Feature Film) for Muhafiz in 1993
- National Film Award Best Feature Film in Hindi (as Producer) for Junoon in 1979
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2010
- Padma Bhushan in 2011
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2014
- Published/Last Modified on: May 9, 2016