Book on 20th century Dogri literature by Dr. Vijay Seth released [ Current News (Concise) ]
‘Beehmi Sadi Da Dogri Da Gadya Sahitya : Ik Jayzaa ’ titled is a comprehensive book in Dogri language on the Dogri literature of 20th century and this book was released in Jammu and Kashmir. The book has been written by a noted Dogri language scholar Dr. Vijay Seth. To describe in this book, the author has elaborated basic elements of various forms of Dogri prose and also has incorporated critical analysis of each form of Dogri prose taken up in the book.
- The book based on extensive research work and incorporates five chapters chronologically covering the development of essays, literary sketches, travelogue, memoirs, biographic and autobiographical literature in Dogri.
- Dogri language is an Indo-Aryan language spoken in India and Pakistan. In India, it is commonly spoken in states like Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and northern Punjab.
- Dogri speakers are called Dogras and the Dogri-speaking region is called Duggar. It is one of 22 official languages mentioned in the Eighth Schedule of Constitution.
- Dogri language was inserted in this schedule by 92nd Constitutional amendment Act, 2003 along with Maithili, Santali and Bodo
- Published on: June 24, 2015