Book titled Ahmedabad: A City in the World released by Amrita Shah [ Current News (Concise) ]
Book Ahmedabad: A City in the World: released by authore Amrita Shah. This book‘s story based on India’s seventh-largest city Ahmedabad and its all too frequent complicity in communal violence. The six-hundred year old former textile town in Kaka-style development and sketches Mahatma Gandhi and his struggle against British rule have described by the author.
- The book is the incredible story of hope and vulnerability at the heart of a metropolis and the story of roadmaps and rivers, kings and kingmakers, merchants and savants.
- It is also describe the Dalit labourers and women bootleggers, displaced Muslims and a euphoric middle class. Shah has also written Biography of Vikram Sarabhai in 2007.
- Amrita Shah has been contributing and a columnist editor with the Indian Express and she was the founding editor of Elle India.
- At present, Amrita Shah is a visiting faculty at the Centre for Contemporary Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
- Amrita Shah received fellowships from the New India Foundation, the Homi Bhabha Fellowships Council and Fulbright to write Ahmedabad: A City in the World.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 1, 2015