Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited Has Been Inaugurated [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL) have been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Lepetkata, Assam and dedicated the facility to the nation. And it is North-Eastern region’s first ever petro-chemical plant of Indian. It will construct at estimated cost of 10000-crore rupees and shall be producing raw material for manufacturing plastic.
- Prime Minister also committed to polish producing unit in Numaligarh Refinery Limited to the nation.
- It will be India’s highest wax producing unit with using native technology.
Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Ltd
- In 1985 during the tenure of then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi with the motive of overall socio-economic development of the North-east region the historic Assam Agreement was signed and this project is part of it. .
- And then Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh had laid its foundation stone in 2007.
- GAIL (India) Limited is the main organizer of this plant with 70 % of equity participation and remaining 30 % is equally shared by
- Oil India Ltd (OIL),
- Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) and
- Government of Assam.
Feedstock for the project:
- It will be Natural Gas and Naphtha.
- ONGC and OIL will supply Natural Gas and NRL will supply Naphtha.
- Published/Last Modified on: February 8, 2016