Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited Has Been Inaugurated (Download PDF)


Download PDF of This Page (Size: 164.84 K)

The Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL) have been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Lepetkata, Assam and dedicated the facility to the nation. And it is North-Eastern region’s first ever petro-chemical plant of Indian. It will construct at estimated cost of 10000-crore rupees and shall be producing raw material for manufacturing plastic.

  • Prime Minister also committed to polish producing unit in Numaligarh Refinery Limited to the nation.
  • It will be India’s highest wax producing unit with using native technology.

Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Ltd

  • In 1985 during the tenure of then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi with the motive of overall socio-economic development of the North-east region the historic Assam Agreement was signed and this project is part of it. .
  • And then Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh had laid its foundation stone in 2007.


  • GAIL (India) Limited is the main organizer of this plant with 70 % of equity participation and remaining 30 % is equally shared by
  • Oil India Ltd (OIL),
  • Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) and
  • Government of Assam.

Feedstock for the project:

  • It will be Natural Gas and Naphtha.
  • ONGC and OIL will supply Natural Gas and NRL will supply Naphtha.

- Published/Last Modified on: February 8, 2016

Govt. Schemes/Projects

Doorsteptutor material for CLAT GK-Current-Affairs is prepared by worlds top subject experts- fully solved questions with step-by-step exaplanation- practice your way to success.

Developed by: