Budha Rashmi Mani Appointed as Director General of National Museum [ Current News (Concise) ]
Archaeologist Dr. Budha Rashmi Mani was appointed as Director General (DG) of National Museum for the period of 3 years or till attainment of age 70. The appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
About Budha Rashmi Mani
- In 2015, Budha Rashmi Mani is retired as Additional Director General (ADG) of the ASI.
- Budha Rashmi Mani is BHU (Banaras Hindu University) graduate and holds PhD on the Kushanas.
In his 30 archaeological career, he led excavations in:
- Uttar Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- In Ayodhya, he had led the excavation team in the disputed Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site in 2003.
- Budha Rashmi Mani is also serving as the General Secretary of the Indian Archaeological Society (IAS).
- He manages the journal Puratattva of IAS.
About National Museum
- National Museum is also known as the National Museum of India.
- National Museum is one of the largest museums in India.
- It works under the Union Ministry of Culture.
- This museum was established in 1949 and is located at Janpath and Maulana Azad Road, New Delhi.
- It grips variety of articles ranging from pre-historic period to modern works of art.
- The museum has around 200, 000 works of art, both of Indian and foreign basis and it’s covering over 5, 000 years.
- There are various departments in the National Museum like:
Arms & Armour
Central Asian Antiquities
Numismatics & Epigraphy
- Published/Last Modified on: July 26, 2016