CERN legally consults its Associate Membership to Pakistan [ Current News (Concise) ]
About CERN: The European Organization for Nuclear Research known as CERN (European Council for Nuclear Research) is a European research organization. Its work is to operate the largest particle physics laboratory in the world.
- It was established in 1954, the organization is in a northwest area of Geneva on the Franco–Swiss border.
- It has 22 members’ states.
- Israel is the first and only non-European country granted full membership.
- It’s mainly provided the particle accelerators and other infrastructure which are needed for high-energy physics research.
About Consult to Pakistan:
- Pakistan was legally consulted Associate Membership status by CERN.
- Pakistan Get this membership after formally completed the required internal agreement process.
- With this membership, Pakistan became the first Asian country which becomes member of CERN.
- This membership will open a new period of scientific cooperation between CERN and Pakistani scientific community.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 3, 2015