Carmichael coal mine project of Adani Group approved by Australia [ Current News (Concise) ]
About the project: The Government of Australia has given its approval for Adani Group’s Carmichael coal mine and rail project in harmony with environment laws of country. The approval has been fixed subject to 36 of the strictest conditions in Australian history.
- In August 2015 Australian court had briefly blocked the project because of environmental worries.
- Coal mine which is one of the world’s biggest coal mines is to be built by Adani Mining Pvt. Ltd.
- The project was first proposed in 2010.
- The Carmichael project and 189 km rail line is worth 16 billion Australian dollars.
- The development characterizes a $16.5 billion investment.
About Carmichael coal mine:
- It is a proposed thermal coal mine in the north of the Galilee Basin in Central Queensland, Australia.
- The mine would yield 60 million tonnes of coal a year.
- The mine would be the first of a number of large mines proposed for the Galilee Basin
- Published/Last Modified on: October 19, 2015