Centre Government allocates Rs 5,000 crore for development of AYUSH [ Current News (Concise) ]
The central government has allocated Rs 5,000 crore for the growth of Department of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy). It was announced by Union Minister of State (MoS) for AYUSH Sripad Naik at a function in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Independent National AYUSH Mission aimed at capacity building for the sector and creating for awareness about Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy independently.
- Two prominent players are India and China agrees in the field of traditional medicines at international level and this traditional Chinese medicine have seen easy acceptance across the globe, but the Indian Ayurvedic medicines are yet to gain global acceptance.
- The allocation of additional funds to Department of AYUSH will help it to create awareness about Ayurveda and promote traditional ayurvedic medicines at international level
- Indian traditional medicines have seen a 25 per cent rise in sales at the international level for ten years. Union Government also focusing to address the issues in order to compete at international level.
- Central Government also is considering to celebrate as Ayurveda Day on the occasion of AYUSH function in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Published on: May 21, 2015