‘Champions of Change’ Indian-American Sunita Viswanath [ Current News (Concise) ]
An Indian-American woman Sunita Viswanath who has been with Champion of Change award by the White House of United States among the 12 other recipients who have been honoured with this award for their continuous efforts towards climate change.
- Sunita was honoured for her work with Sadhana, US based organisation’s Project Prithvi which encourages Hindus to take care of the environment.
- Sunita Viswanath is co-founder and active board member of Women for Afghan Women (WAW), US based women`s human rights organisation.
- Sunita Viswanath was awarded with the Feminist Majority Foundation`s Global Women`s Rights Award for her work with WAW in 2011.
- Sunita was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and has worked in women`s and human rights organisations for almost three decades.
- Sunita Viswanath who is 12 faith leaders and the only Indian-American in the list and has been selected for her work to encourage Hindus to take care of the environment.
- Sunita Viswanath is also co-founder and board member of Sadhana and Coalition of Progressive Hindus.
- Published on: July 21, 2015