Chhurim Sherpa, first woman to climb the Everest summit twice in a week [ Current News (Concise) ]
Chhurim Sherpa is the first woman to climb the 8850 metre (29035 feet) Mount Everest summit twice in a week. Third ascent to Mount Everest of Chhurim Sherpa who will take a cricket bat and two jerseys of tribute to the Australian cricketer Phil Hughes.
- The belongings of Australian Hughes are being carried to the summit as a mark of tribute to the player. Hughes died in November 2014 after he was hit on the back of his head by a ball while batting during a domestic match in Sydney.
- Nepali mountaineer’s Chhurim Sherpa who became the first woman to climb Mount Everest twice in the same season, a feat which was verified by the Guinness Book of World Records in March 2013.
- Chhurim under this expedition will carry the items to the top and back to Kathmandu, where they will be kept at the Australian embassy.
- Chhurim Sherpa was born on 1984 Lelep-9, Taplejung, Nepal and his other names Chhurim Ethnicity Wolung. Chhurim Sherpa accomplished this feat in 2012, by climbing Everest on 12 May 2012 and 19 May 2012.
- Published on: April 22, 2015