China has permitted production for manned electric aircraft gets license for the first time [ Current News (Concise) ]
China has approved a license for production for manned two seater electric aircraft RX1E known as RX1E by the Civil Aviation Administration of China for first time. Shenyang Aerospace University and Liaoning General Aviation Academy in northeastern Liaoning province has designed aircraft.
- This plane is china’s first manned electric light aircraft and RX1E electric light-sport aircraft
- This aircraft is power-driven by lithium batteries and it is also capable for flying a maximum altitude of 3000 meters.
- This plane is made up with 47-foot wingspan and also has a charging time of 90 minutes permits to fly for 45 to 60 minutes.
- It has maximum takeoff capacity weight of 480 kg.
About Electric Aircraft
- An electric aircraft is runs on electric motors rather than internal combustion engines.
- It is depends on electricity coming from fuel cells, solar cells, ultra capacitors, power beaming, or batteries.
- Presently flying electric aircraft are mostly experimental demonstrators, including manned and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- From 1970 electrically powered model aircraft has lunched.
- In 1973, the first man-carrying electrically powered flights.
- Published on: December 8, 2015