China’s Tianhe-2 is the World’s powerful Supercomputer for the sixth consecutive time [ Current News (Concise) ]
China’s Tianhe - 2 supercomputer has arose as the world’s most powerful supercomputer system for the sixth consecutive time. It was revealed in 46th edition of Top500 list of supercomputers.
- The Chinese Supercomputer is proficient of performing calculations with processing speed of 33.86 petaflops per second (Pflop/s).
- It has held the title since June 2013.
- Supercomputer Titan of the US Department of Energy have been said to be at second position.
- It has a performance of 17.59 Pflop/s.
- Supercomputer Sequoia of Tech giant IBM was placed at third position.
- It has processing speed of 17.17 Pflop/s. K computer of Fujitsu was placed at fourth position.
- It has processing speed of 10.51 Pflop/s. Supercomputer Mira of IBM placed at fifth position.
- It has processing speed of 8.58 Pflop/s.
About Tianhe - 2:
- Supercomputer Tianhe - 2 or Milky Way 2 is developed by China’s National University of Defense Technology.
- It has processing speeds of 33.86 petaflops (1000 trillion calculations) per second.
- Presently, it is organized at the National Supercomputer Center in Guangzhou.
- It is playing important role in heightening China’s proficiencies in both scientific and defence fields.
- Published on: November 18, 2015