China won the World Team Chess Championship in Tsaghkadzor [ Current News (Concise) ]
Republic of China won the World Team Chess Championship at Tsaghkadzor, Armenia from 18 April 2015 to 29 April 2015 with 15 points. Ukraine country finished runner-up with 12 points, while host Armenia was third position with 11 points. India ranked the championship at ninth position with 7 points and India was losing the final round matches 3-1 to China.
- Georgia won the Women’s World Team Chess Championship. The championship was held at Chengdu, China under the aegis of FIDE. Mariya Muzychuk was declared as the 2015 Women’s World Champion.
- In the final round of Championship, S.P. Sethuraman and Deep Sengupta were defeated by Yu Yangyi and Wei Yi. Pendyala Harikrishna drew on the top board with Ding Liren, while Krishnan Sasikiran split the point with Bu Xiangzhi.
- In the final ninth round, China defeated India with 3-1, United States of America defeated Cuba with 3-1, Hungary drew with Ukraine 2-2, Russia defeated Israel with 2.5-1.5 and Armenia defeated Egypt with 2.5-1.5.
- The World Team Chess Championship is played every two years and it is the most important international tournaments for teams.
- The World Team Chess Championship is played with the participation of among 10 countries under the aegis of FIDE. It is the governing body for international chess tournaments.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 1, 2015