Civil Aviation Policy 2016 Approved by Union Cabinet [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Civil Aviation Policy 2016 has been approved by the Union Cabinet to enhance the domestic aviation sector and offer passenger-friendly fares. Since Independence for the first time an integrated Civil Aviation Policy has been approved by the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA).
- The main aim of the policy is to provide safe, secure, sustainable and affordable air travel for passengers and air transportation of cargo with contact to various parts of India and the world.
Civil Aviation Policy 2016 objectives
- Make India 3rd largest civil aviation market by 2022 from current 9th position.
- Domestic ticketing increases up to 30 crore by 2022 from 8 crore in 2015.
- Rise airports having arranged commercial flights from 77 in 2016 to 127 by 2019.
- Growth cargo volumes to 10 million tonnes for example by 4 times up to 2027.
- Indians can be flying at Rs. 2, 500 per hour at unserved airports Under Regional Connectivity Scheme.
- Requirement of 5 years of domestic flying removed for beginning international operations.
- Relaxed and Flexible ‘open skies’ and ‘code share’ agreements.
- Inspirations to Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) sector to grow India as center for South Asia.
- Confirm availability of quality certified 3.3 lakh skilled personnel by 2025.
- The main objective behind the development of green-field airports and improving heliports for doing business over basic procedures, deregulation and e-governance.
- Encourage ‘Make In India’ in Civil Aviation Sector Areas which is enclosed in the Policy
- Regional connectivity
- 5/20 Requirement for International Operations
- Air Transport Operations
- Route Dispersal Guidelines
- Bilateral traffic rights
- Code-share agreements
- Fiscal Support
- Aviation security, Immigration and Customs
- Airports developed by State Governments, Private sector or in PPP mode
- Aeronautical ‘Make in India’
- Aviation education and skill development
- Published/Last Modified on: June 17, 2016