Clean My Coach Service Has Been Launched by Railway Ministry [ Current News (Concise) ]
An online Clean My Coach service has been launched by the Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu under the Indian Railways cleanliness drive Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat and Union Government’s flagship Digital India Programme. This online service provides facility to travelers for getting their compartments cleaned by sending an SMS or by a designated website or by using an application.
The Railway Minister has announced this service in his 2016 - 17 Rail Budget speech.
Key features of service:
- The passenger has to send an SMS on a mobile number 58888 or use webpage ‘cleanmycoach. com’ or android app ‘Cleanmycoach Indian Railways’ for any cleaning necessity in the coach.
- After request for cleaning coach passed immediately acknowledged via SMS on mobile phone along with a code.
- The request will also forwarded to the mobile number of On Board House Keeping (OBHS) staff travelling on the same train with passengers detail like coach number, berth number.
- OBHS staff will contact the passengers for carrying out the cleaning work as per demand after receiving the message.
- As soon as passenger is satisfied with the cleaning work, the code received during acknowledgement OBHS staff that will send it through SMS to close the complaint will be disclosed.
- And if the passenger is not satisfied, he will not disclose the code and the complaint will be treated as not closed.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 14, 2016