Conservative Mauricio Macri wins Argentina Precedential Election [ Current News (Concise) ]
2015 Presidential election of Argentina has won by Conservative opposition candidate Mauricio Macri of Republican Proposal Party. Mr. Macri had won with securing more than 53 % votes campers to defeating his rival Daniel Scioli of ruling Peronist Party who secured 47 % votes and ended the 12 years of leftist rule.
- Christina Kirchner who had ruled the South American country since 2007 and reached the end of her two - term limit has succeeded by Mr. Macri.
About Mauricio Macri:
- Born: 8 February 1959 in Tandil, Argentina.
- He is son of one of Argentina’s richest men Francisco Macri.
- Mr. Macri had a long career in business and holds civil engineer degree.
- Since 2007, he has getting elected as President; he was representing City of Buenos Aires in the lower house of the Argentine congress.
- He was elected as president of Boca Juniors Football Club in 1995, one of the most popular football clubs in Argentina.
- Earlier he used his success at the club as a beginning point for his political career.
- 1999 and 2003, He was re - elected as President of Club
- In the first round of voting Mr. Macri who is the mayor of Buenos Aires had lost to Mr. Scioli who is the governor of Buenos Aires province in October 2015.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 24, 2015