Cristiano Ronaldo Won UEFA Best Player in Europe Award [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The UEFA Best Player has been won by Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo (31) at Europe award for 2015-16 year by beating Antoine Griezmann and Gareth Bale and with this he had won this award for the second time after 2013–14.
- He had bagged this award by scoring 35 goals for Real Madrid and 16 goals in Champions League competition during 2015 and 3 goals for Portugal national team at Euro 2016.
Other Category winners
- Ada Hegerberg was honored with UEFA Best Women’s Player in Europe Award for the year 2015-16.
- Lionel Messi was honored with UEFA Goal of the Season award for the 2015-16 for his strike against Roma and his famous goal received 73331 votes.
Last few years winner of UEFA Best Player in Europe award
- Lionel Messi in 2010–11 (Barcelona Club)
- Andres Iniesta in 2011–12 (Barcelona Club)
- Franck Ribery in 2012–13 (Bayern Munich Club)
- Portugal Cristiano Ronaldo in 2013–14 (Real Madrid Club)
- Argentina Lionel Messi in 2014–15 (Barcelona Club)
About UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- This is an association football award which is honored to the footballer playing for a football club in Europe that performs best in the previous season.
- UEFA had established this award in 2011 and it was replaced by the UEFA Club Footballer in the same year.
- Award in 2010 the award is merged with the FIFA World Player of the Year and become the FIFA Ballon d’Or.
About Cristiano Ronaldo
- Cristiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese professional footballer and born on 5 February 1985.
- He plays for Portugal national team and also for Real Madrid (Spanish club).
- He is a forward player and also served as captain for Portugal.
- He had won his first Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards in 2008.
- Published on: August 30, 2016