Curry King Lord Gulam Noon passes away [ Current News (Concise) ]
Lord Gulam Kaderbhoy is one of the Britain’s most prominent Indian - origin peers and Curry King who passed away in London. He was 79 and was innovator in introducing slightly spiced Indian curry cuisine. Through his entrepreneurial ventures, he sold the curry in high streets of United Kingdom.
About Lord Gulam Noon:
- He was born on 24 January 1936 in Mumbai, India.
- In 1972, he had lastingly settled to United Kingdom.
- He successfully recognized Noon Products Business comprising number of food product companies in Southall, London.
- His companies mass - produced over 500 different chilled and frozen ready meals.
- He was a long - time follower and donor of the Labour Party of UK.
- He had served as Chancellor of the University of East London in 2013.
Awards and Honours:
- He was made a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 1996 for his service to food industry.
- He was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award by Britain’s Opposition party (2015).
- Published/Last Modified on: October 29, 2015