D Rajkumar Appointed as CMD of BPCL [ Current News (Concise) ]
D Raj Kumar was appointed as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL). BPCL’s current chief S Varadarajan is retiring on September 2016. Rajkumar will take the charge after October 1, 2016.
- D Rajkumar has been appointed to the post for five-year term and an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- He is working as Managing Director of Bharat Petro Resources Ltd,
- A unit of BPCL focused on exploration and production.
- Utpal Bora was appointed as a new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Oil India Limited (OIL).
- Senior IAS officers Anil Kumar Jain and Ravi Kapoor were among the 10 contenders for the top job at Oil India Ltd.
- The country’s second biggest state-owned oil and gas explorer.
- Bora was selected on the recommendation of a three-member Committee headed by Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha.
- BPCL: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- BPCL is an Indian state-controlled oil and gas company
- Mumbai and Kochi the Corporation operates large refineries of the country.
- BPCL has been ranked 280th in the Fortune Global 500 rankings of the world’s biggest corporations for the year 2015.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 14, 2016