DRDO selects J Manjula as its Director General [ Current News (Concise) ]
J Manjula completed her graduation from Osmania University. She is a practicing electronics and communications engineer. She has served in the area of Integrated Electronic Warfare for more than 26 years in Defence Electronics Research Laboratory of Hyderabad.
- She has been chief of Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE).
- She has been also an instituting of DRDO as a director since July 2014.
- She has designed and understood fast signal acquisition receivers, high power RF systems, responsive jammers, controller software etc. for various systems inducted in Army, Navy, Air Force and Paramilitary.
About her achievements:
- J Manjula received award for ‘Performance Excellence’ and ‘Scientist of the Year 2011’ of DRDO.
About her selection as Director General:
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) selects J Manjula as director general of electronics and communication systems group.
- By this appointment she becomes first women who become Director General of DRDO.
- Before her selection, K D Nayak was served as Director General of DRDO.
- Published on: September 10, 2015