Davis Cup of Tennis 2015 was won by Britain [ Current News (Concise) ]
Since 1936 for the first time Andy Murray led Britain have won the 2015 Davis Cup and for the 10th time in the competition’s 115 - year history. 104th edition of the competition was won by Britain tennis team by 3 - 1 score in finals.
Davis Cup 2015 results
- Round 1: David Goffin of Belgium beaten Kyle Edmund of Britain by 6 - 3, 6 - 1, 2 - 6, 1 - 6, 0 - 6 score.
- Round 2: in this round Andy Murray of Britain has got the lead beaten Ruben Bemelmans of Belgium by 6 - 3, 6 - 2 and 7 - 5 score.
- Round 3: Andy Murray and Jamie Murray pair of Britain beaten Steve Darcis and David Goffin pair of Belgium by 6 - 4, 4 - 6, 6 - 2 and 6 - 2 score.
- Round 4: In final round Andy Murray of Great Britain beat David Goffin of Belgium by 6 - 3, 7 - 5 and 6 - 3 score.
Following the Davis Cup 2015 results, the top three teams are:
- Czech Republic (28231.25 points)
- Switzerland (21518.75)
- Britain (15196.56)
About Davis Cup
- The Davis Cup is organized by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) as premier international team event in men’s tennis.
- In 1900, it was established as a tennis challenge between Britain and the United States.
- From that time it is challenged annually between teams from competing countries in a knock - out format.
- United States has won the tournament for record 32 times.
- The women’s tournament is known as the Fed Cup equivalent to Davis Cup.
- The countries who have won both Davis Cup and Fed Cup titles in the same year are Australia, US and Czech Republic.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 30, 2015