Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana launched by Union Government [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
Union Government: The Union Government is also known as the Central Government and it officially called as Government of India. It was established by the Constitution of India. It manages the authority of the union of 29 states and seven union regions, which collectively called the Republic of India.
Union Government launched Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DUGJY) in Patna of Bihar.
- The aim of this launch is to provide 24 hours daily electricity to every rural areas and houses all over the country till year 2022.
- It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Facts about Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DUGJY)
- Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana is replaced Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY).
- In this scheme the government is planning to invest Rs 75,600 crore to provide electricity to rural areas.
- It concentrations on feeder separation for rural households and agricultural purpose. It also looks for support the distribution and sub-transmission organization like metering at all levels in rural areas.
Other schemes of Deendayal Upadhyay Yojna:
- Deendayal Upadhyay Antyodaya Yojna was launched for helping poor by providing skill training. Government invest Rs 500 crore for this scheme. This scheme was launched on 25th September 2014.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana was an employment scheme for youth. It was launched by Union Minsters Nitin Gadkari and Venkaiah Naidu on 98th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay on 25 September 2014.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 29, 2015