Delhi Half Marathon 2015 was won by Ethiopian Birhanu Legese, Kenyan Cynthia Limo [ Current News (Concise) ]
Delhi Half Marathon 2015 has won by Birhanu Legese from Ethiopia in men’s category and Cynthia Limo from Kenya has in women’s category. This was the eighth edition of marathon approximately 34, 000 athletes and amateur runners has participated from the different parts of the world.
Men’s category winners:
- Birhanu Legese has got first position by finishing race in 59: 20 minutes.
- Mosinet Geremew (Ethopia) and Zersenay Tadese (Eritrea) has claimed second and third position respectively.
Women’s category winners:
- By finishing race in 1: 08: 35 hour Cynthia Limo has got first position.
- Secound and third position was aquierd by Helah Kiprop (Kenya) and Gladys Chesir (Kenya) respectively.
Among the Indian runners:
- Nitendra Singh Rawat has topped in the men’s category and Lalita Babar in women’s category.
- In men’s category , Nitendra Singh Rawat finished the race in 1: 04: 41
- Gopi T has got second and Mohd Yunus has got third position respectively.
- In women’s category , Lalita Babar finished the race in 1: 10: 52
- O P Jaisha has claimed second and Sudha Singh acquired third position respectively.
About Delhi Half Marathon:
Airtel Delhi Half Marathon (ADHM) is an annual half marathon foot - race started in 2005 and held in New Delhi, India.
- It is both a best runner and mass participation event.
- The IAAF has enumerated it as a Gold Label Road Race and it is also an AIMS - certified course.
- 30k runners have involved in the 2009 event and they have competed in one of the four races.
This event includes:
- 7 km Great Delhi Run,
- 4.3 km run for senior citizens and,
- 3.5 km wheelchair race.
- Published on: November 1, 2015