Delhi High Court allows permanent contract for women in Indian Navy [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Indian Navy: The Indian Navy is the marine branch of the armed forces of India. The Indian Navy origin in 1947. Commander - in - Chief of the Navy is the President of India. A four - star officer in the rank of Admiral can be the Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) and commands the navy.
- The main objective of the navy is to secure the nation’s marine borders.
- India also uses its navy to improve international relations through joint exercises, port visits and generous missions, including ruin relief.
About allowance to women for permanent contract:
- Delhi High Court allowed women to get permanent contract in Indian Navy and allowed them to panel on warships.
- This allowance is given by Delhi HC headed by Justice Kailash Gambhir on the writ appeal encouraged by a group of women naval officers both retired and serving.
Work of female officers in Navy:
- In Navy, female officers are only allowed to work in the managerial, medical and education branches.
- They are also working as observers to monitor censors on aircrafts.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 10, 2015