DigiLocker: the Mobile App for Driving Licenses & Vehicle Registration Certificates [ Current News (Concise) - Science & Technology ]
Nitin Gadkari the Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping and Ravi Shankar Prasad the Union Minister of Electronics & Information Technology and Law & Justice have jointly launched “DigiLocker” a mobile app integrated with the Driving Licenses (DL) & Vehicle Registration Certificates (RC) in New Delhi.
- The DigiLocker is the mobile app which carries digital copy of the Driving Licenses (DL) & Vehicle Registration Certificates (RC) so now people don’t required carrying physical copies of their Driving Licenses and RCs.
- Now DLs and VRC documents will be directly issued in the DigiLockers in digital formats.
- These digital copies of DLs and VRC also can also be used with other government departments as identity and address proof by sharing it.
- So now these DigiLocker enable DL and VRC verification at any time anywhere using mobile by different laws enforcement authorities like the Traffic Police.
- Along with this it will reduce administrative overhead.
How it works:
- DigiLocker is a part of the Narendra Modi’s Digital India programme.
- It provides a platform for issuance of documents and certificates in a digital way.
- The DigiLocker will be a major move to the dream of paperless governance.
- DigiLocker will bring efficacy in the traditional process driving licenses and vehicle registration certificates issuance.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 9, 2016