Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale as Chief Justice of Allahabad HC [ Current News (Concise) - Policies & Governance ]
Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale was sworn in as the new Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court. He succeeded Justice D.Y. Chandrachud, who is now appointed judge of Supreme Court. He was member of the Legal Education Committee for 3 years (1998-2000) constituted under the Advocates Act.
Who is Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale?
- Born on 24 October 1956, Justice Bhosale belongs to a family of freedom fighters.
- His father Babasaheb Bhosale had served as Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
- He obtained a Degree of Law from Government Law College, Mumbai and joined the Bar in June 1980.
- During his career as a lawyer, he served as Chairman of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Vice-Chairman of Bar Council of India.
- He had the honour to be a member of the delegation representing Lawyers in India in the Common-Wealth Lawyers Conference held in September-1999 at Kaulalampur, Malaysia.
- He also led the delegation of Indian Lawyers to the International Lawyers Conference of I.B.A in 2000.
- He was elevated as a judge of the Bombay High Court in 2001.
- Before being appointed as Chief Justice in Allahabad High Court, he served as a judged in Karnataka High Court and Acting Chief Justice at the Hyderabad High Court.
- In 2012, he was shifted to Karnataka high court. He served as acting chief justice of High Court of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana before his appointment as Chief Justice of Allahabad HC.
- Published on: August 2, 2016