Dipika Pallikal Wins PSA Australian Open [ Current News (Concise) - Sports ]
India’s top squash player Dipika Pallikal winning the PSA Australian Open. PSA Australian Open held in Melbourne. This is Danika’s 1st PSA title of the year 2016. Dipika Pallikal beat eighth seed in top Mayar Hany of Egypt 10-12, 11-5, 11-6 and 11-4 in the 40-minute final match for her first title of the year.
- She has been 19-year-old and is a giant-killer at this tournament and accounted for the second seed Donna Urquhart in the semi-final.
- Dipika Pallikal continued with that same confidence in the final.
- The World Squash Doubles Championship begins in Darwin.
- Dipika and Joshna Chinappa have been given the top seeding in World Doubles Championship.
- This pair also made history by winning the gold in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow
- She will be seen alongside Saurav Ghosal.
Pallikal’s won the Championship includes:
- In 2015: Winnipeg Winter Open in Canada
- In 2013: Macau Squash Open
- In 2013: Meadowood Pharmacy Open
- In 2011: Crocodile Challenge Cup
- In 2011: Dread Sports Series
- In 2011: Orange County Open
- Published on: August 16, 2016