Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey as Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities [ Current News (Concise) ]
Dr. Pandey was associated with NGO Saksham working in the field of disability. He completed his education in Science from University of Allahabad and Medical Graduation from Agra University in 1990. He was also associated with NGO Sewa Bharti where he had worked in recovery of slum residents.
- He was also associated with NGO Akhil Bhartiya Dristihin Kalyan Sangh which is working for visually challenged persons.
About his appointment as Chief Commissioner:
- Union Government has appointed Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities for a period of three years.
- About Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD):
- The Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities is appointed by the Central Government from persons.
- Government selects the person who is having special knowledge or practical experience relating in recovery of Persons with Disabilities.
- Office of CCPD is legal government agency which is working under the support of Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- It has been established as per the provisions of Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995.
- The Chief Commissioner has been assigned with the authority of a civil court under the Code of Civil Procedure (CPC) Act, 1908.
Responsibility of Chief Commissioner:
- He is responsible to take steps to protection of the rights of persons with disabilities.
- He is also responsible to submit reports to the Central Government on the implementation of the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995.
- He has to organize the work of the state Government and UT Commissioners to observe the utilization of funds paid by the Union Government.
- Published/Last Modified on: February 1, 2016