Dr. M. M. Kalburgi, a Kannada writer passes away [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Dr. M. M. Kalburgi: Malleshappa Madivalappa Kalburgi was born on 28th November 1938 in Yaragal. He was researcher of Vachana sahitya (Vachana literature), Kannada epigraphist and academician.
- He also had served as the Vice - Chancellor of Kannada University in Hampi.
- He has written more than 20 publications including Neeru Neeradisittu, Sarangarshi and Kachhittu Kalyan.
About his achievements:
- He has received Sahitya Akademi award in 2006 for his research articles Marga 4.
- He has also received Nrupatunga Award, Basava Puraskara, Nrupatunga Award and Pampa award for his contribution to Kannada literature.
About his unexpected death:
- Dr. Kalburgi died because he was shot by unidentified person in his residence in Dharwad on 30th August 2015.
- He was the first litterateur from Karnataka who was shot dead apparently for his views on idol respect and Hindu ceremonial.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 18, 2015