Dr. M N Buch who was Former Bureaucrat and Architect of modern Bhopal died June 7 [ Current News (Concise) ]
Former bureaucrat Dr. Mahesh N. Buch who was formally known as the architect of modern Bhopal, passed away following a brain stroke in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh at the age 80 years. Dr. Buch was born on October 5, 1934, in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. He completed from graduation in Economics from the St. Stephen’s College of Delhi in 1954.
- In 1984, Dr. Buch had voluntary retired from the government service after serving as Gujarat’s Chief Secretary.
- Dr. Buch has held several import portfolios as bureaucrat in Gujarat including Education Secretary, Chairman of the Kandla Port Trust and Executive Director of the Gujarat State Fertilizer Company and the Managing Director of the Gujarat Small Industries Corporation.
- Dr. Buch also had served as chairman of the Board of Governors ABV – Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior. Later he had founded the NGO named National Centre for Human Settlements and Environment in Bhopal.
Dr. Buch received many awards and Honours-
- Padma Bhushan (2011) for his services to the nation.
- UNEP award (1995)- for the implementation of desertification control program in 1994-95
- Aga Khan Award for Architecture (1998).
Dr. Buch was conferred the title Doctor of Science (DSc) from the Rajiv Gandhi Technical University in 2002.
- Published on: June 10, 2015