Dr. P Sivakumar promoted as Distinguished Scientist by Union Defence Ministry [ Current News (Concise) - Defense ]
About Dr. P. Sivakumar: Dr. P. Sivakumar had completed his Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering from College of Engineering, Guindy in 1980. He started his career at Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDE) as Scientist in 1984.
- Then he completed his Master degree in Production engineering from Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai in 1987.
- He standardized software packages, hardware, reports and effectively improved the efficiency of analysis group.
- He received Defence Technology Spin off Award of DRDO from Prime Minister of India for the development of 150 hp automatic transmission for wheeled vehicles in 2005.
- He was honoured by Scientist of the Year Award of DRDO for his active role in the Arjun MBT project management in 2010.
- He was awarded Doctor of Philosophy by Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai for his research work entitled High Contact Ratio Gearing in 2011.
- He also achieved National Design Award by the National Design and Research Forum of the Institution of Engineers in 2012.
About his promotion as Distinguished Scientist:
- Dr. P Sivakumar has been promoted as Distinguished Scientist by the Union Defence Ministry Ministry.
- He has been promoted in his respect of diligence and commitment in self - reliance work for Defence battle vehicle systems and sub - systems.
- Published on: September 23, 2015