Duleep Trophy Tournament Winner: India Blue [ Current News (Concise) - Sports ]
Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament 2016-17 has been won by the India Blue played with a pink ball by beating India Red at finals played with great score of 355 runs at Greater Noida. It was 55th season of Duleep Trophy.
- The victory becomes possible with contribution of Ravinder Jadeja by tacking 5 wickets in the second innings and 10-wicket haul and Cheteshwar Pujara (player of the match) with 256 (not out) runs.
About Duleep Trophy
- The Duleep Trophy is a first-class national cricket tournament played between teams based on geographical zones of India.
- BCCI has introduced this tournament in 1961-62 and since that it is arranged annualy.
- The tournament is named after a well-known cricketer K S Duleepsinhji of Nawanagar who played for England.
- The 2016-17 tournament is played by three teams:
- India Red (captain: Yuvraj Singh)
- India Blue (captain: Gautama Gambhir)
- India Green (captain: Suresh Raina)
- The feature of tournament is recently changed in June 2016 by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and according to changed features the match will be played as day/night format and with pink ball.
- 2014-15 Duleep Trophy was won by the Central zone by beating South zone at Feroz shah kotla ground, Delhi.
- Pink balls worsen slowly than white balls.
- It can be visible better in night compared to red balls so they are used mostly in day-night Test cricket formats.
- Published on: September 15, 2016