E Sreedharan, Metro Man invites to serve UN High Level Advisory Group on Supportable Transport [ Current News (Concise) ]
About E Sreedharan: Elattuvalapil Sreedharan was born on 12th June 1932 in Palakkad district of Kerala. Elattuvalapil Sreedharan is a retired Indian Engineering Service (IES) officer.
- He is popularly also known as the “Metro Man”.
- He changed the public transport in India in his leadership of building the Konkan Railway and the Delhi Metro.
- He was served as the managing director of Delhi Metro from 1995 to 2012.
About his achievements:
- He received the Padma Shri award by the Government of India in 2001.
- He was named as one of Asia’s Heroes by TIME magazine in 2003.
- He honoured with the Chevalier de la Legion d’honneurin 2005.
- He also received the Padma Vibhushan in 2008.
About invitation from United Nations:
- Elattuvalapil Sreedharan has been invited to the United Nations’ High Level Advisory Group on Supportable Transport.
- UN Secretary General Ban Ki - moon invites him to serve on his HLAG - ST for a period of three years.
- Published on: September 22, 2015