E-Trans & DEEP E-Bidding Portals Launched by Union Power Ministry [ Current News (Concise) ]
‘e-Trans’ & ‘DEEP’ e-bidding web portals has been launched by the Union Power Ministry of State (IC) for Power, Coal New & Renewable Energy and Mines Shri Piyush Goyal for electronic bidding and e-reverse auction of tariff-based electricity transmission projects at New Delhi.
- The Rural Electrification Corporation Transmission Projects Company Limited (RECTPCL) a subsidiary of REC Ltd has developed these portals.
- The main objective behind the launch of this portal is to improve transparency in power transmission sector.
- With this the manual auction process will be change and shift to the electronic mode so the lowest bidder for projects can be found.
- e-Trans: These web platform will be came as platform for auction for e-bidding and e-reverse for Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) in transmission projects.
- DEEP (Discovery of Efficient Electricity Price) e-Bidding portal: This portal provide joint e-bidding platform with e-reverse auction facility to which enable nation-wide power procurement over a wider network to get uniformity and transparency in the process of power procurement.
TARANG Mobile Application and portal
- Along with this ‘TARANG’ (Transmission App for Real Time Monitoring and Growth) Mobile Application and portal is also launched by ministry.
- This portal will helps to monitor all the execution of the under construction power transmission projects.
- It also tracks upcoming transmission projects and give all the information about the progress of Inter-State and Intra-State transmission systems in the country.
- It also shows status of stalled/delayed transmission systems in country.
- Published on: August 22, 2016