E-Vahan Bima Scheme has been launched by Telangana [ Current News (Concise) ]
In order to issue motor insurance policy in digital form, Telangana Government has launched e-Vahan Bima Scheme. By legally accepting motor vehicle insurance policy in digital form Telangana has become the first state in the country to do so.
About e-Vahan Bima Scheme
- The scheme about an electronic motor insurance policy which is issued in digital form with Quick Response (QR) and for the policy detail need to scan code for verification.
- Insurance Regulatory Development Authority (IRDA) and Insurance Information Bureau of India (IIBI) have jointly established it.
- State police and transport and information technology departments of the state are also included in this scheme.
- Police and state authorities will use QR code to scan for verification of policy details.
- They also have included SMS-based verification for more security.
- With this verification process has become easier as with the digital version of insurance policy which can be stored and accessed on smart phones.
- Published on: January 8, 2016