Economic affairs secretary Shaktikanta Das chosen on RBI Central Board [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Government has nominated Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das to the Central Board of Directors of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Das is an IAS officer of 1980 batch from of Tamil Nadu cadre.
His nomination is operative from October 30, 2015 and until further orders.
About CBD of RBI:
- RBI’s affairs are governed by the Central Board of Directors (CBD).
- This is also responsible for its general superintendence and direction.
- There are 21 - members in all in CBD of RBI.
- It comprise of Governor, 4 Deputy Governors, 2 Finance Ministry representatives.
- 10 Directors are selected by Union Government to represent important elements from India’s economy.
- 4 directors are from native boards of RBI which are headquartered at Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and New Delhi.
- RBI (Reserve Bank of India) was nationalized on 1 January 1949.
- It plays an important part in the Development Strategy of the Government of India.
- The bank is also lively in promoting financial inclusion policy and is a leading member of the Alliance for Financial Inclusion.
- They are headquartered at Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and New Delhi.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 2, 2015