Edgar a Poe Award is Honored to Indian-American Journalist Neela Banerjee [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
A prestigious Edgar A Poe award has been honored to an Indian-American journalist Neela Banerjee along with of her colleagues from Inside Climate News US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle has honored her with the awared during the annual White House Correspondents Dinner held in Washington DC.
- The award was communal by Neela Banerjee and her three colleagues from Inside Climate News John Cushman Jr, David Hasemyer and Lisa Song and Terrence McCoy of the Washington Post.
About Neela Banerjee:
- She is working as journalist at Inside Climate News.
- She has completed her graduation from Yale University and had worked as a Moscow correspondent with The Wall Street Journal.
- She was energy and environmental reporter for the Los Angeles Times’ Washington bureau before she joined Inside Climate News.
- She had enclosed global energy, Iraq War and other issues with The New York Times in her journalistic career.
About Edgar A Poe Award
- The White House Correspondents Association (WHCA) annually presents Edgar A Poe Award.
- The New Orleans Times-Picayune and Newhouse Newspapers have established it in honour of their distinguished correspondent, Edgar A. Poe.
- And the award is honours to journalistic work of national or regional significance and carries monetary prize of 2500 dollars.
- Published on: May 3, 2016