Educational qualification for municipal polls has been set by the Haryana Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
The minimum educational qualification for aspirant of contesting urban local bodies (ULB) elections in the state on the lines of panchayat polls has been set by the Haryana Government. In the state cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar in Chandigarh the decision regarding was taken.
- And According to this Minimum educational qualification for male candidates would be matriculation while for females it would be middle pass.
- But the Male from scheduled caste should be middle pass and in case of women from scheduled caste must be primary pass.
- The candidates must have functional toilet at home and they should not be defaulter of cooperative bank loans and electricity department.
- According to this section 13 A of Haryana Municipal Act, 1973 and section 8 of Haryana Municipal Corporation Act, 1994 has been amend by state government.
- The Panchayati Raj Act has been amended by the previous government to set minimum educational qualification for candidates to contest panchayat polls.
- This decision was challenged in the Supreme Court but the apex court had pronounced decision in favor of State government
- Published on: December 30, 2015