Ex-Cji Hl Dattu is Appointed as Chairman of Nhrc [ Current News (Concise) ]
Former Chief Justice of India (CJI) H L Dattu is appointed as new Chairman of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) by Union Government. He will replace Mr. K. G. Balakrishnan after his demitted office due to his five-year term ended in May 2015. And from May 2015 Justice C Joseph is working as the acting Chairman.
- The high-powered committee which included Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, and Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha P J Kurien and leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ghulam Nabi Azad and was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has selected him. The committee also included.
- And then his name was sent to the President Pranab Mukherjee for approval.
About H L Dattu
- He was born on 3 December 1950 in Chikmagalur, Mysore.
- In 1975, he had started his legal career after enrolling as an advocate in Bangalore and dealt with all types of matters like criminal, civil, tax and Constitutional cases.
- In 1983 Karnataka High Court has included him as government pleader for sales tax department etc.
- He has also served as a senior standing counsel for I-T department and in 1995 he was higher as a judge of the Karnataka High Court.
- He has served as the Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court in 2007 and later was shifted in the same capacity to the Kerala High Court.
- From 28th September 2014 to 2nd December 2015 he has served as 42nd Chief Justice of India.
- Published on: February 25, 2016