FDI Intelligence Reports: India Becomes Top FDI Destination in 2015 by Replacing China [ Current News (Concise) ]
According to the FDI Intelligence Reports, India has replaced China as the top Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) destination by $63 billion worth FDI projects in 2015 in India. FDI Intelligence is a division of Financial Times Limited which is the largest sector of excellence globally.
- It also provides fDi Magazine which provides to corporate decision-makers and cross border investment professionals with an up-to-date image of the ever-changing global investment map.
Key highlights of Report:
- India was the highest-ranked country by capital investment in 2015 with 63 billion dollars-worth of FDI projects.
- It was the biggest change in Greenfield FDI in 2015 as it is the tripling estimated with 63 billion dollars.
- There was an 8 % increase in project numbers to 697.
- The improvement in FDI has resulted in a huge increase in job formation from nearly 1 lakh in 2013 to over 2 lakh jobs in 2015.
- These high-value projects were specially announced across the coal, oil and natural gas and renewable energy sectors.
- India has replaced China as the top destination for FDI by capital investment which results in high-value project programmes.
- Among the emerging economies: Greenfield FDI inflow in India ( $63 billion), then China was followed by Indonesia ( $38.5 billion), Mexico ( $24.3 billion) and Brazil ( $17.3 billion).
- Top destination states for FDI in 2015 in India:
- Gujarat achieved top rank with FDI of $12.4 billion.
- Maharashtra was second with FDI of $8.3 billion in 2015.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 25, 2016