FIFA to suspend Sepp Blatter for 90 days [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
About FIFA: It was established on 21st May in 1904. It is the international federation for football association. It is the chief body responsible for international football tournaments. It has control over the decision making involving the authorities in it.
- It has a membership for 209 national associations.
- It is associated with International Olympic Committee.
- Its headquarters are in Switzerland.
About Sepp Blatter:
- He was born on 10th March 1936.
- He is a graduate in business and economics from the University of Lausanne.
- He is a Swiss football Chief
- He worked for FIFA for 40 years.
- He started as a technical director before becoming secretary general under former president Joao Havelange in 1981.
- Currently he is the 8th President of FIFA since June 1998.
About his suspension:
- According to the sources it is said that governing committee of FIFA are on the verge to pass suspension for 90 days to its President Sepp Blatter.
- This decision was taken as Blatter was suspected on signing a contract disobeying football’s governing body and making a disloyal payment to Uefa President Michel Platini.
- Published on: October 8, 2015