Famous theatre artiste Chatla Sriramulu has no more [ Current News (Concise) ]
At Secunderabad, Telangana Famous theatre artiste and writer Chatla Sriramulu passed away at age of 84. He was active in the establishing of Rasaranjani and a popular legendary and cultural organization dedicated to the theatre arts.
About Chatla Sriramulu
- At Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh) in then Madras Presidency he was born on 5th December 1931.
- Previously he was a railway employee but later shifted to the theatre.
- More than 100 plays are acted and directed by Sriramulu and several books are also written by him.
- ‘Maro Mahenjodaro’ is his famous play.
- ‘Swpana’ and Chiranjeevi’s ‘Nyayam Kavali’ is his Tollywood movies.
- Telugu famous actors Venkatesh and Nagarjuna are trained by him.
Awards and Honours:
- He had awarded with Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1982.
- He is also awarded with ‘Best Actor’ twice by Andhra Nataka Kala Parishad.
- He had awarded with certificate of ‘Producer and Teacher’ in 1970 from London based British Drama League.
- Union Government has awarded him with Emeritus Fellowship from the Human Resources Department (HRD) and with this he becomes first person from Andhra Pradesh to receive it.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 21, 2015