First Edition of SAARC Youth Parliamentarians Conference Kicked Off in Islamabad [ Current News (Concise) ]
The first South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Youth Parliamentarians Conference kicked off in Islamabad, Pakistan and the key theme of the conference is “Peace and Harmony for Development” it is two-day conference starts from August 16 to 18, 2016.During the conference of young parliamentarians they will share ideas, discuss the confronting challenges, identify avenues for cooperation and finalize strategy to implement their consensus-based ideas in future.
- 8 parliamentary delegates of the members country of SAARC are attending this conference.
- Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo is representing India in the conference as a leading the three member Indian delegation.
- The Pakistan National Assembly is hosting the conference.
- National Assembly Speaker Ayaz Sadiq had inaugurated the conference.
- The main aim behind the conference is to stronger the bonds of the future leaders of South Asia for getting supports engagement and cooperation in future.
- The conference will helps to make a congenial environment for the upcoming SAARC summit which will be held in November 2016 in Islamabad.
- MNA Malik Muhammad Uzair appointed as the convenor of the conference by NA speaker.
- The first focus area of the conference will be discussion on the role of young parliamentarians to design a plan for the youth’s voice, freedom and prosperity in South Asia.
- The conference provide platform to the youth and Parliamentarians to be friendly with the respective Government leaders on where the youth of South Asia stands on a vision for the region in advance of the High Level Summit.
- Other objective of the conference if to build a strong foundation of inter-parliamentary relations between all parliamentarians across South Asia which will be regional interaction, provide a support to democratic norms and countries will also associated with each other continually in peaceful environment.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 22, 2016