First Integrated Web Portal of India Launched to Support Net Zero Energy Buildings [ Current News (Concise) ]
First integrated web portal of India has been launched by the Union Ministry of Power and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support and mainstream Net Zero Energy Buildings (NZEB) in India.
- Pradeep Kumar Pujari Secretary of the Union Ministry of Power and Mr Jonathan Addleton USAID Mission Director to has jointly launched this www.nzeb.in portal.
Key features of Portal:
- This is first its kind of portal which provides complete information about NZEB that generate as much energy as they use.
- It also helps to accomplish near-zero energy status by effectively using lighting and equipment, best practice design strategies and integration of renewable energy technologies.
- It will also host the NZEB Alliance, an industry-wide body to determine the Indian markets toward highly energy-efficient buildings in addition.
- It will also offer information for policymakers, architects, engineers, developers, sustainability consultants and academia.
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is the United States Government agency which is mainly responsible for managing civilian foreign aid.
- USAID was founded by President John F. Kennedy in 1961 by Executive Order.
- It is technically self-regulating agency; USAID operates subject to the foreign policy guidance of the President, Secretary of State, and the National Security Council. USAID works in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe.
- Published on: May 31, 2016