First Maritime Security Dialogue Initiated between India and US [ Current News (Concise) ]
The first Maritime Security Dialogue of India and United States has been kicked off in New Delhi for deepening the evolving partnership in the maritime domain between both countries.
- The first round of conferences below the recently-constituted dialogue was held between officials of India’s Defence and External Affairs Ministries and their counterparts of US.
Key facts about first Dialogue:
- Both sides deliberated various problems such as:
- Naval cooperation
- Asia-Pacific maritime challenges
- multilateral engagement
- And they have agreed to comprise the conclusion of a white shipping technical arrangement to recover data sharing on commercial shipping traffic.
- Both sides also assumed Navy-to-Navy discussion on submarine safety and anti-submarine warfare was also commenced.
- The Maritime Security Dialogue was one of the several new originalities agreed between Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and Ashton Carter his US counterpart throughout the latter’s visit to India in April 2016.
- It was decided as part of the maritime security purposes under the India-US Joint Strategic Vision for the Asia-Pacific and Indian Ocean Region.
- Published on: May 17, 2016