First Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav was held at IGNCA in New Delhi [ Current News (Concise) ]
About First Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav: First Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav was organized by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), Janpath in New Delhi.
- Shri N. K. Sinha who is the secretary of Culture has presented the closing ceremony.
- In this Mahotsav, the events presented a cultural convergence with 150 Art forms, performances by more than 1500 Artists, 32 forms of Paintings, Visual arts, 400 Master Craftsmen.
- The Zonal Cultural Centres offered 7 Aangans to the visitors which are a range of artifacts, handicrafts like Haveli paintings from Punjab, Rogan artworks from Gujarat, Banaras silk, Kalamkari which is a hand - painted or block - printed cotton textile, Tanjore paintings and several more.
- This was the 8 days festival which shows the live performances by a number of renowned Indian artists like Gurdas Maan, Sharda Sinha, Sandeep Mahavir, Roopkumar Rathod & Sunali Rathod, Malini Awasthi and Taufiq Qureshi.
- The closing ceremony also witnessed a soulful performance by renowned Sufi singers, the Wadali Brother’s.
- Published on: November 23, 2015