First Wi-Fi Hotspot Village of Haryana: Gumthala Garhu [ Current News (Concise) - Science & Technology ]
Gumthala Garhu Village of Kurukshetra district became the first Wi-Fi hotspot village in Haryana circle. Chief Minister Manohar Lal has inaugurated this service at Chandigarh under the bulk plan of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) of providing internet services to rural areas.
- The Wi-Fi facility will be available with 10 mbps bandwidth by state-of-the-art network of BSNL.
- Under this network data can be accessed by multiple users at the same time.
- In the regard of this setup, ten outdoor and one indoor access points (with coverage ability of 100 meters) are installed which have covered the village.
- Along with this BSNL Haryana circle also has planned for 238 WIFI hotspot locations with 1072 access points in the state.
- The project will be completed during the current financial year.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is one of the oldest Indian state-owned telecommunication company which was founded on 1st October 2000 with 93.29 million (June 2015).
- Its headquartered is located in New Delhi.
- Previously BSNL was merged on 15 September 2000 by overtaking business of providing of telecom services and network management from the erstwhile Central Government Departments of Telecom Services (DTS) and Telecom Operations (DTO).
- BSNL is one of the largest fixed telephony and broadband services provider of India with more than 60% market share.
- It is the sixth largest mobile telephony provider in India.
- Published on: September 6, 2016