First double decker Goa-Mumbai train was flagged off by Indian Railways [ Current News (Concise) ]
The first inaugural service of the Goa to Mumbai double-decker air-conditioned Shatabdi train was flagged of by Indian Railways. Suresh Prabhu Union Railway Minister has flagged off the fully air-conditioned double-decker train was the first of its kind in the country from Panaji by.
- During the peak tourist season it would be vary use full in order to increase tourism in Goa by bringing the tourists over to the coastal state.
- In October 2011, the first double-decker air conditioned train between Howrah and Dhanbad was flagged off, and from that time the service is provided between many cities, containing Ahmedabad-Mumbai, Chennai–Bangalore, Delhi-Jaipur and Delhi-Lucknow.
- This train will run between Margao Railway Station and the Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) in Mumbai thrice a week.
- In around 12 hours the distance between two states would cover.
- It has total eight compartments with a seating capacity of 120 for each.
- This double-decker train is equipped with modern amenities.
- It has special features for comfortable travelling with a seating capacity for around 1, 500 passengers.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 7, 2015