Five Villages Adopted by IIT-Kanpur Under Namami Gange Programme [ Current News (Concise) ]
Under the Namami Gange programme the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Kanpur has adopted five villages in Uttar Pradesh and its civil engineering department expertise will work to restrict the flow of sewage into the river.
- These five villages are
- Ramel Nagar
- Khoyra Katree
- Hari Hindpur
- Katri Ladhva Khera
About IIT- Kanpur:
- The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur IIT Kanpur) is a public research educational institute directed by the Union Government in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- It was established in 1959 with the support of a consortium of nine US research universities as part of the Kanpur Indo-American Programme (KIAP)
- It is one of the first Indian Institutes of Technology.
About Namami Gange programme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched this Namami Gange Programme in May 2015, which is a determined integrated Ganga Conservation Mission.
- Objective of this program is to make an effort to clean and protect the Ganga River in a comprehensive manner.
- Published on: August 22, 2016